Monday, January 14, 2019

Hello, how nice to see you again!


Crikey.
Hello, and welcome back, or welcome if you're a new visitor.
It's been a while since I've been here in this space, and to be honest, I'm a bit all at sea!
Where to begin?
Pick up where I left off?
Here we go friends!
Some time ago ....good grief, 2014 can you believe it?...I'd run out of puff here on this blog. I'd discovered the beautiful community of Instagram, a space I still love, and hang out in most days. A space where I've made connections and friendships I could never have imagined. It's been ace.
It had such an impact on my micro business with all the connections and the real time responses and conversations, I jumped ship here, preferring to spend time over there.

So!
With all the many changes that just happen over the course of 4 years, now I find myself shifting focus from designing and making for sale, to designing and making for pattern release.
My patterns so far have been beautifully warmly received (thank you!), and by the end of last year I started to think that perhaps this is the direction I should spend more time on.
I was needing to spend more time on bringing patterns to market, which took me away from bringing actual garments to market...and as is often the case, my days were feeling like a juggling act. I felt like I was a jack of all trades, and master of none!

And now I'd like to use this space in a complimentary way - a place to demonstrate some pattern techniques, to show off new work, to post some handy hints and tips, or however you might like suggest I use it.
Let's go for it!

I'll still be making garments for sale, I'm just going to do that as my sideline, rather than the patterns as a sideline. For all you lovely people who've bought a garment from me in the past, I really hope I'll still be able to make something you'll love to buy and wear in the future too.

January is a grand month for a little sidestep, and feels like the perfect time to be back here too.
Let's see where the year takes us.

Jo x.
 




2 comments:

concretegirl said...

Loved your blogging last time you were in the swing of it so am pleased to see you back.

Annie Binski said...

Look forward to following your creative ventures here on your blog, Jo.