Monday, December 21, 2009

It feels like holiday time


I'm home again from another marvellous weekend in Melbourne.
Shirt & Skirt was a treat. Great weather, lots of people, but the best thing was spending some time with Pia and all the other crafty girls. Thanks ladies!
Everyone seemed to be pleased that Christmas is nearly here, and we're all looking for a little holiday.
Here in Apollo Bay things are starting to pop up around town that show that it's Summer holiday time. The carnival has arrived and is nearly all set up on the foreshore. It brings back memories of my own childhood holidays down on the Mornington Peninsula, where a trip to the carnival at Rye was always a highlight. For some reason I'm thinking about toffee apples, that must have been something my sister and I were allowed as a special treat!
The other thing that gets me very excited is the cinema that runs in the Mechanics Institute Hall every Summer from Boxing Day until the end of the school holidays. The program came out this week, and I can't wait to get down there and see some films and eat some choc tops!

2 comments:

Crayon Chick said...

I think this is my favourite photo! Sorry I didn't get out to the markets, just emerging from filling orders only to find I put too much blind faith in Aust Post and parcels haven't been delivered. What's a girl to do! Hope you have a lovely Christmas and I'll see you soon. xx

Georgie Love said...

Hi Jo, I just popped in to say have a wonderful and relaxing Christmas with your best and most loved people and I wish you a fabulous and successful 2010! Much love to you all!