Thursday, October 21, 2010

A good drying day


Today is what some of the women elders I know would call a good drying day.
My lovely Aunt Bet comes to mind.
I'm taking advantage of it and have done 3 loads so far.
Is there anything nicer than the smell of fresh laundry drying in the sunshine?
I'm home alone for the next few days while the old bloke is on a bit of a road trip across the state to visit his brother in Redesdale and then off to see his sister in Sale.
There's the Sale Cup to go to, a few dinners to be had, some family gossip to do, and looking around at the green countryside after a decade of drought.
We've been ships in the night lately, but perhaps it's true that absence makes the heart grow fonder!

2 comments:

small forest said...

Have fun while hes away! I was jealous of your blue pegs there for a minute until I realised they werent yours! I love blue atm, x

Crayon Chick said...

Oh Jo, what a gorgeous collection of images! I'm hoping for some 'good drying days' myself. Me, my clothes, my home and my mind all need a thorough wash and airing after my market marathons! x