Monday, October 12, 2009

Do dogs know it's their birthday?

It's Ray's birthday today! He's 7.
Here he is with his greyhound friend Lozza hanging out and drinking coffee in St Kilda before we moved to the coast. Lozza's human, Lou, is also having her birthday today.
Happy Birthday to both of you!
How do we know it's Ray's birthday? Well, we adopted him from the Greyhound Adoption Program, which means he came with all sorts of paperwork.
I've never had a dog whose birthday I knew exactly before. It's kind of strange, but in a nice way!

2 comments:

JasperBoy said...

This was the appropriate post to let you know that 'JasperBoy' (the name that I signed up to Google with to buy stuff online) is of course named after my pooch, Jasper!

Jasper is a terrier cross (a polite name for a bitzer :) He has a number of health and behavioural problems (but don't we all!) and is the apple of my eye (awwhhhh...).

Jen in Melbourne

Pet Shops Melbourne said...

They don't remember I guess.