Sunday, October 11, 2009

Yarraville Markets

I'm back from Melbourne, and a fun day out at the Yarraville Markets.
I was so happy to find this market in a really lovely 1920s Masonic Hall - my picture doesn't really show it, but it's charming. Small and sweet with picture rails, timber floors, and double doors opening right onto the street. And just around the corner from the Sun Theatre, and all the cafes of the Yarraville Village. What a great little venue.
I was thinking how wonderful it is that some of these little halls around Melbourne are getting a new lease of life with all the handmade markets popping up. I guess otherwise they'd probably be sitting idle.
It was great to meet some new people at this market, all wonderful crafty girls they are too. What a wealth of talent Melbourne is lucky to have!
I'm sorry not to be able to get back to this market until early next year, but check out their website to pencil in a date for a visit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was great to have you there Jo -hope you had a great day.I will transfer that moola today x
Lou

acoustitch said...

Hello! - I didn't say goodbye. Hope to see you again soon Dana x