Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Good with the bad

I seem to be having one of those weeks.
There's been a few small irritations.
Last Friday I untidily slipped over on our morning walk, ended up flat on my back in the rain with Ray looking at me strangely, broke my favourite old Birkenstocks, and somehow managed to sprain my foot.
It's not that bad really, just enough to be annoying. And swollen. Still.


And then yesterday, our fancy pants, Italian fridge started playing up.
After some phone calls, and I have to say very helpful advice from the service people, it's now switched off on doctor's orders until Sunday.
This means a trip down and up the stairs to the laundry (and the spare fridge) every time I need something that normally is right there to hand.
On a sore foot.
Oh, dear.
But, to cheer me up, I started work this afternoon on something new.
There's been some work going on behind the scenes, and it's not quite ready just yet.....but here's a little teaser!


And to make everything look brighter we've got lunch with friends to look forward to on Saturday at the fabulous Sunnybrae.
Things aren't so bad after all.

4 comments:

Crayon Chick said...

Bloody fancy pants appliances!!!!

Lizeylou said...

I am not sure if the fridge in your photo is the naughty one but I LOVE IT! - what a fancy fridge!!

Hope the foot is on the mend.
And I am very envious of a visit to Sunnybrae - can't wait to hear all about it!

Morgan Wills said...

Love the fridge! and LOVE Sunnybrae - haven't been there in years! Hope your foot gets better soon x

Frankie and Ray said...

Big thanks to all of you! Sometimes having a whinge in public makes you feel better....
And, yes, that fridge is the culprit! It's a true Italian, all style and not just a little bit of attitude! Fancy pants.