Friday, March 2, 2012

Shipwreck weather


I know I'm prone to talking about the weather. A lot!
I think it's because it's such a part of life down here on the coast.
And this week's been a week of what I call shipwreck weather.
It's been blowing a gale from the east. All week. With no end in sight.
Weeks like this make me think about why this part of the world is called the 'shipwreck coast'.
When the sea is huge and the wind is howling, I can just see how those ships under sail ended up on the rocks.
We're battening down the hatches, and it feels like a good weekend to get serious about some knitting.
I hope everyone stays dry and cosy!

2 comments:

small forest said...

I kind of like your weather reports as they keep me on my toes, and I didnt stay that dry or cosy at market today and neither did my stock! One guess at what ill be doing tomorrow...dedampening cushions, quilts, bunting etc.

happy sunday to you Jo, x

Frankie and Ray said...

Hello Wendy! I've been thinking of you, and wondering if you were keeping dry yesterday....of course, it's a blue sky, still morning here today. Damn. xx