Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Off on a tangent


I never know just exactly when a new idea will present itself, or why!
Obviously, I'm on a kind of shirt roll, and the only thing to do is go with it.
I'm still waiting for my new Liberty fabric to arrive for the long sleeve shirts, so I had to raid my stash of smaller pieces to run with this idea. 
I'll be honest, the different fabric yoke wasn't really part of the plan, but I'm loving it.
I made one of these up for myself, and I've only just reluctantly put it in the wash this morning. 
Don't you love it when something new in your wardrobe becomes an instant favourite?
I know this is looking like a perfect little warm weather top, and it will be! 
But, I've been wearing mine with jeans and a cardi this week, and it's been perfect.
I only have a few to start with, and I'll bring them along to the Shirt & Skirt market this coming weekend to give them a whirl!

1 comment:

Crayon Chick said...

Oh Jo, I love it! I love the contrast yolk and the style is fabulous. I'd wear it into winter with a long sleeve tee underneath ..... *looks wistfully into middle distance*