Thursday, May 2, 2013

Still quilting and a bit more

Things are coming along with the quilt here.
A trip to Melbourne and the wonderful Amitie Textiles for some advice, some batting, some binding fabric, and a lovely cotton to hand quilt with had me ready for the next step.


There was more crawling around on the floor getting all the bits together.
Smoothing it all out and getting it square, then putting in big safety pins to hold it all together was another test for my knees. My quilting friend wisely said that this would be the tedious bit, and she wasn't wrong!
But the reward is the hand stitching. 


We've had friends visit, and there was nothing nicer than to sit and stitch while chatting at our table.
I am loving watching the stitches form, starting to make the quilt look quilted.
Judy from Amitie suggested this duck egg blue coloured thread, and I love the way it's hue changes according the colour of each fabric. On the darker ones it's silvery, and then moves back to duck egg on the pale fabrics. Bliss!


I haven't completely stopped on other things though!
Scarf season has begun, and nice parcels of these have gone to Follow Store, House of Balaklava, and Poppi & Pippa.
You can find them in my online shop too.
I had the pleasure of a couple of shirt orders as well this week.
This one here is off to Spain for a holiday.
Lucky girl!


No comments: