Friday, May 17, 2013

Nearly there

Yes. More quilting!
The hand quilting has been slow and steady, and a nice way to pass more than a few very cold and wet days here.


A little bit done here and there, whenever there was a spare half hour or so.
And all of a sudden, there was the end!


Today I've got the binding on, the corners of it mitred, and it's all pinned up ready for the final step.
(more hand sewing!)


I've loved every minute of the making of this quilt, and I can't wait to see it finished and on our bed just in time for Winter.
But, because I knew I'd miss the hand work, I've got another one all cut out and waiting for me!
In the meantime, I've got one last Melbourne market before Winter really sets in.


Perfect timing to grab a little piece of Liberty patchwork in a scarf perhaps?

Shirt & Skirt Market
Sunday May 19
10am - 4pm
Abbotsford Convent, 1 St Heliers Street, Abbotsford

No comments: