Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A month in the States

Well, it's been a week since we arrived back in the country!
What a holiday.
What a month!
I don't know how to begin to sum up all our travels across the great United States of America.
So, perhaps I'll just say that we found the people to be friendly and polite to a fault, the food was amazingly good, the sights iconic and nothing disappointed!
People have been asking me what was my highlight, and honestly, I cannot pick just one thing.
But, some favourites were New York. Full stop. 


The amazing Renegade Craft Fair in Brooklyn, where it was so great to see what makers and designers from across America are doing. I met the ladies behind one of my favourite US labels, Rebe. And, yes, I did buy a little something. Or two.


Savannah with it's gracious streetscapes and glorious Georgian and Victorian houses.


The people of Savannah were warm and welcoming, and surprised us with their dry wit and sense of humour.


Las Vegas with it's over the top everything. 


San Francisco's roller coaster streets, and roller coaster cable cars. 


And finally, the Pacific Coast Highway, something we really wanted to experience being dwellers of the Great Ocean Road. 


The beautiful holiday town of Carmel by the Sea will stay in my memory, as will the Pacific Coast fogs!


I'm not quite sure I'm ready to be back.
If you'd like to see more, head on over to Instagram and take a look at the whole trip!

3 comments:

Crayon Chick said...

Oh, that dreaded "can't believe it's over" feeling! I totally love Instagram for letting us share your holiday with you, I do hope it didn't feel like we were intruding .. wanting to get away from it and all that only to find all of us having our say!!! Can't wait to hear more! x

Frankie and Ray said...

Mam, it was a delight to have you along for the ride! xx

wendy june said...

So thrilled that you had such an incredible trip! Better start saving for the next one eh?