Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Week of Scarves : Tuesday


Well, it's certainly scarf weather here this morning!
Today's scarf is a fine example from the clever Mel and Gaye at Body Parts.
We met a few years ago now at a market, and I've enjoyed crossing paths and sharing ideas and chat with these ladies ever since.
They are among the pioneers of 'upcycling' unwanted textiles to turn them into something new and exciting.
Their armies are deservedly quite famous, and can be spotted everywhere!
I always get a bit of a thrill when I see a garment or piece of jewellery made by someone I know being worn out and about.
I particularly love the combination of colours and shapes in this scarf.
I'd be very happy and cosy with this looped around my neck today.
You'll find Gaye visiting the coast with their fabulous wares for the Apollo Bay Music Festival in a few weeks time.

No comments: