Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A birthday, a bag, and more tea towels


In the heat of yesterday afternoon, it was a pleasure to go downstairs to my cool workroom and get to work sewing some more tea towel bags.
This bag was actually destined to be a birthday present for one of my local gal pals. Sal's a total sweetie, a maker of some lovely resin jewellry and bowls, and a market/coffee/drinks buddy, who along with another girl, has really helped a city girl transplanted to the coast to settle in to life down here.
After some texting and being vain enough to read the reply without my reading glasses, I ended up making a bag with the wrong year on it! Ooops.
Ah well, it was kind of funny at the time, and I'm on a promise to make another with the right year on it (1974).
Who needs a friend like me who can add a year to a girl's age so carelessly?
Everything has a happy ending today with this bag and 2 others newly listed in the shop this afternoon.
I'm sure it'll find a good home!

No comments: